Application: April 30, 2017
- Notification Acceptance: May 10, 2017
Oral Presentation/Poster Submission: April 30, 2017
- Notification of Decision for Oral/Poster Presentation: May 10, 2017
- Application and Oral Presentation/Poster Submission: June 17, 2017
- Notification: Late Registration will be accepted until June 17, 2017, admission notification will start on May 11, 2017, according to the application time.
- Those who plan to present talk or a poster must submit the abstract via the EasyChair system https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ssbss2017 no lather than June 17, 2017.
- LATE Registration: May 11 - July 21, 2017
Recent advances in DNA synthesis have increased our ability to build biological systems. Synthetic Biology aims at streamlining the design and synthesis of robust and predictable biological systems using engineering design principles. Designing biological systems requires a deep understanding of how genes and proteins are newcastl and interact in living cells: Systems Biology aims at elucidating the cellular organization at gene, protein and network level using computational and biochemical methods.
The Synthetic and Systems Biology Summer School (SSBSS) is a full-immersion five-day residential summer school at the Robinson College, University of Cambridge, UK on cutting-edge advances in systems and synthetic biology with lectures delivered by world-renowned experts. The school provides a stimulating environment for students (from Master students to PhD students), Post-Docs, early career researches, academics and industry leaders. Participants will also have the chance to present their results, and to interact with their peers, in a friendly and constructive environment.
Organization by Cambridge Systems Biology Centre - University of Cambridge, UK and TaoSciences Research Centre.
- Computational Synthetic Biology
- Genetic Engineering
- Metabolic Engineering
- Reading and Writing Genomes
- Synthetic Genomes
- Synthetic Circuits and Cells
- Artificial Tissues and Organs
- Genomically Recoded Organisms
- Genome Design
- Pathway Design
- Biological Design Automation and Biological CAD
- Computational Systems Biology
- Genome Engineering
- Cellular Systems Biology
- Experimental Synthetic Biology
- Computational Synthetic Biology
- Stochastic Gene Regulation
- Gene Signaling
- Quantitative Molecular Biology
- High-throughput Techniques
- Biological Engineering
- Industrial Synthetic and Systems Biology
- September 8, SSBSS 2018 - The 5th International Synthetic and Systems Biology Summer School will be held in Certosa di Pontignano - Siena - Tuscany - Italy, July 25-29, 2018.
- September 8, See the list of the SSBSS 2017 Best Presentations
- May 30, SSBSS 2017 Program (Ver. 9.00 - July 13).
- April 30, New Speaker: Matteo Barberis, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- April 15, New Plenary Speaker: Gill Stephens, The University of Nottingham, UK
- March 28, Registration and Payment: the Registration Fee must be paid directly to the Robinson College - University of Cambridge
- February 20, New Plenary Speaker: Mike Stubbington, EMBL-EBI, Cambridge UK
- January 19, New Industrial Panel Speaker: Thomas Hofmeister, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., USA
- January 14, SSBSS 2017 Schedule.
- January 10, SSBSS 2017 Poster, download it, share it and tack it to your wall!
- January 4, New Plenary Speaker: Eriko Takano, Manchester Synthetic Biology Research Centre, University of Manchester, UK